An Ode To Sundays

October 26, 2014

I've expressed my love for Sundays to you all before. The one day in the week in which it is acceptable to wake up late, stay in your pyjamas, eat so much roast dinner that you have to subtly unzip your trousers to allow yourself to breath - and then attempt to burn it all of afterwards in a country walk. Obviously not all Sundays are like this, but the ones that are - I treasure. Today I woke up at 8.10am which believe me is a lie in compared to my usual days, and enjoyed that feeling of knowing nothing was demanded of me. Having so much freedom leads you to feeling slightly bamboozled as to what to actually do with your time. The Sunday Morning clean was my choice. Sorting, Tidying, Washing - as an organiser I love this kind of stuff. (Watching YT videos whilst doing this passes the time with ease!) Then the face mask and the hair wash to make you feel cleansed from the week before. On goes the autumnal sunday attire which today consisted of a Zara skirt and grey knit jumper. Then lunch. Nothing seems more quintessentially British than a roast dinner in a country pub, spending time with loved ones. All of this makes me happy and I try my best to live in the moment and not think about the week ahead, but what I'm doing then in that very moment. After a slow amble around the country feeling far too full from all that extra pudding you tried to consume and then going home and lounging around the house watching something and nothing and managing to squeeze in a small amount of afternoon tea you didn't know you had the room for, all there is left to say is - thank you Sunday, you really are the best. 


















You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ah, that's my kind of Sunday! A great mix of productivity and relaxation and so many lovely, colourful sights :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete