December Favourites #2014

December 29, 2014

 I'm not all that into favourites posts, but as it's the end of the year I don't see why not! This is my December/kind-of-but-not-really yearly favourites (really well put there I know...). I don't feel I have enough to justify a yearly favourites so let's just take this as all the things I'm loving.






I'd never tried a MAC blusher before, but now I can say I've really been missing out. Not only is the colour of this beautiful, but it lasts SUCH as long time. I put it on in the morning and by the evening it is still there. It is such a flattering deep, pinky coral colour that I think would flatter a variety of skin tones. I'm definitely looking to get some more of these amazing blushes.
I discovered this mascara this year, and I really think it might be 'the one'. I do love mascaras such as Benefit 'They're Real', but it is very expensive and this is a much cheaper alternative. It makes my lashes look very dramatic and doesn't smudge on me or flake off too badly. For £7.99 it's a bit of a steal!

I found this liner this year and for someone like me who struggles to keep anything on her lids for more than about 5 minutes it's a great liner. It stays in place most of the day without a primer (I am yet to try it with one...I'll report back on that soon!), although it does transfer up a little but most liners do that on me. It's easy to apply and is just generally a really lovely product.

This is the partner to my 'Blacktrax' liner and it make the application of gel liner SO much easier. It takes a little time to master but once grasped creates a smooth line and a precise wing. It also doesn't need washing everyday which is a great bonus because quite frankly who wants to wash their brushes everyday!

This is one of those products that I wouldn't have thought I wanted but have actually found I've fallen in love with it - It's just a shame it has a rather hefty £26.50 price tag! It's basically a glorified tinted lip balm but it is one of the best lip products I have ever tried. It is SO moisturising and gives a really subtle hint of peachy colour which really finishes off a look. It's a great pairing for a smokey or dramatic eye or just for everyday. My one gripe is although the packaging is beautiful, it's not the most practical as it's twist up device doesn't actually work particularly well. Other than that it's a beaut!
This is one of those products that is just a cult classic. It's a stunning, blue toned red colour that I have banged on about many times before. It is one of those products that I just have to add to my 'kind of yearly'/December favourites as I just love it so much. You can read my full review on it here.

La Roche Posay Serozinc 
This is the type of product that instantly I couldn't tell if it did anything, but If I didn't use it then I would really miss it. It is a Zinc Sulphate solution (I'm not going to pretend I know what that is) which makes my skin a lot more clear and less red. I love this product and now you can buy it online in the UK I honestly recommend it to everyone. It says it's for oily skin but I have dry skin and find it works wonders!

Bioderma
This has got to be a yearly favourite of mine. I first tried it during the summer and fell in love with it. I don't know how to describe it, but it's just different to other cleansing waters I've used. All I can say is just get yourself some and see what all the fuss is about!

Emberyoleese Le Creme Concentrate 
I bought this infamous moisturiser when I was in Paris, and didn't think much of it at first. However, I've fallen in love with it and use it before I apply makeup as it acts as a really good base. It has quite an interesting smell which has grown on me, but I just wish it wasn't so expensive in the UK!

Nuxe Reve De Miel
I put off buying this lip balm because of it's rather hefty price tag, but when I was in Paris I picked it up for the equivalent of about £4/5. It is everything I could hope for in a lip balm. Thick, super moisturising, lasts a long time and isn't too shiny or greasy feeling. Now I've tried it I would even pay the ridiculous amount in the UK for it as I'm juts in love!


Let me know what things you've been liking this month/year!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ooh, Ambering Rose- definitely tempted! And I'm really hoping Serozinc comes to Canada soon! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete