Velvet Luxe...

December 21, 2013

Welcome to day 4 of my 'Blog Before Christmas' series in which I will be blogging everyday until Christmas!


It appears I have a thing for velvet at the moment. I just love the way it adds such an interesting texture to an outfit, and I just couldn't resist caving in to my velvet lust when it came to this amazing black swing dress from Missguided.

         
        
                               
                         
       
        
         
        

Dress- Missguided, Shirt-Urban Outfitters, Boots-Topshop and Rings-Topshop, Primark and Kukee.



I love how this piece is so versataille. You will have heard me say many times before how I own so many clothes and need to wear them more and this piece allows me to make use of many unloved garments in my wardrobe. I love layering it over t-shirts, especially stripes as it makes it so appropriate for winter. Also layering it over cute collard shirts gives it a kind of preppy but grungy feel.  For summer I would just wear it on its own with a pair of gladiator sandles and a wide brim hat. What makes this piece even better is that it was only £13.99 in the sale - absolute bargain! I apologise for the rather rubbish photos, but today the weather has been truly pants, and trying to get a descent photo was near enough impossible! 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love that velvet dress, looks so nice on you! Love that nail colour too, what brand is it by? Hope you're having a good christmas!
    http://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's Barry M Red Black! You too! x

      Delete
  2. Ooh, so nice! Loving the velvet on you and the nail polish is great. Merry Christmas! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive