The Beauty Basket...

December 22, 2013

Welcome to day 5 of my 'Blog Before Christmas' series, in which I will be blogging everyday until Christmas!


As a blogger I like trialling lots of different products, but my beauty staples basket contains the skinacre, haircare and body items that I really like and actually use on a regular bases. It does get changed up every now and then, but here's what I'm using at the moment...

       

Loreal Skin Perfection Make Up Remover
I have really been liking this product recently. It removes make up so well and doesn't leave a greasy residue afterwards. The only thing I don't like is that it makes my eyes sting ever so slightly if it gets in them, but nothing too bad.

Lush A Breath Of Fresh Air Toner Water
I have been using so much of this stuff recently. I impulsively bought it one day and have been really enjoying using it. I love how refreshing it is to spray on your face or wipe over with a cotton pad. I would suggest moisturising after using it though as because it has  sea water in it it can make your face feel a little tight afterwards. I am thinking of trying the Au Roma water as I think it might be better for my dehydrated skin type.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo
I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this product. I just can't tell whether it is this that has made my skin better in the past few months or something else. I like the way this feels and smells on the skin, but I just didn't notice a dramatic difference when I used it. Over the last few months though my skin has improved so much, and I just can't tell if it's up to this, or because I've stopped using a hot cloth cleanser or hormones etc. It is quite pricey so I'm not sue if I'd repurchase it, but it's worth a try if you have troublesome skin.


Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1
I have used this toner for ages and I think it's great, but I do think there are toners out there which don't contain alcohol and are probably better for your skin because of that. I will use it up but probably won't repurchase it.

Boots Botanics Quenching Face Mask
Sadly this product has been discontinued, but I really like it. I don't want to say too much though as you can't get hold of it so it would be pointless!

Ahaha Mud Masque
I like using this mask to really deeply clean my skin. I would like to find a clay mask that doesn't leave my skin feeling tight though so if you have any recommendations then I would love to know!
       

TRESemme Platinum Strength Leave In
I have very long hair with bleached ends so I like to use a leave in conditioner to give it extra moisture, I really like this one as it stops my ends looking too dead!

Nivea In Shower Body Moisturiser
I have been LOVING this product recently. When you first apply it it doesn't feel like it's doing anything, but once you get out the shower and dry yourself off then it leaves your skin so soft and moisturised. I love it!

Palmers Moisturizing Body Oil
I really like this as it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave you feeling greasy. It's not the most moisturising thing ever but I really like using it, especially on pamper evenings!

Dirty Works Hand Cream
I really like this had cream as it is non greasy and light. It also smells lovely and is quite affordable.

       


If you've managed to get to the end of this post then I commend you- let me know what products you use on a regular bases!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Nice picks! If you like the Clinique toner but don't want the alcohol- try their Mild Clarifying Lotion- it's great! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive