The Wardrobe Basics

May 24, 2015

Establishing some basics to have in your wardrobe is the base line of all dressing. It allows you to mix and match with other pieces and can give you such a classic look. Here I have compiled a list of my favourite wardrobe staples that I think everyone should own...


1. The Leather Jacket
This is the ultimate wardrobe staple. Throw it on over chunky knits, tees, jeans, dresses - the list is endless. This piece will take you through every season and will allow you to make the most of what you already have in your wardrobe. It can be worn girly, grungy, casual, dressed up. The leather jacket will be your ultimate wardrobe bestie.

2. The Black/Blue Skinny Jean
A good pair of skinny jeans is something I think everyone should have in their wardrobes. They are an everyday staple for me and I am constantly throwing them on with jumpers, t-shirts, blouses etc. If  I could only ever own 1 pair of jeans again it would be a black pair, but I think having a variation of denim colours is a good way of mixing up looks in your wardrobe. I recommend places such as Topshop and ASOS for finding medium priced, good jeans.


3. The Basic Grey/White/Black Tees
A basic tee will go with so many things in your wardrobe. Having one in black, white and grey as well as varying the neckline be it v-neck, crew neck etc. will mean you can pair them with so many different things. Throw on some skinnies, a leather jacket and boots and you are good to go.


6. The Black Boot
These are an all year round staple for me when it comes to footwear - I even wear them in summer. They are so easy to just chuck on with pretty much anything, I would even wear them on a night out with a dress! I often buy mine from Topshop and usually have to buy a new pair every year as I wear them to death.

7. The Bold Lipstick
I see lipstick as being part of my outfit and thus being part of my wardrobe. Nothing screams more classic chic to me than a matte red lip and my favourites are the likes of MAC 'Rubywoo' or 'Lady Danger'. A more recent favourite of mine though is 'Flat Out Fabulous', a vibrant matte pink. They add colour to a plain outfit and can turn a monochrome look into something special. 

 8. Arm Candy

I love a good few accessorises, and one of my favourites is my grey ASOS watch. As well as looking fab, it is also very practical!

Of course there are so many more things I consider wardrobe staples, but I think we would be here a very long time. What items would you consider to be your wardrobe staples?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice picks! I agree with a couple especially- leather jackets and bright lipsticks are definitely must-haves :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete