Getting The Chop

February 18, 2015

L - Aug 14' / BR- Oct 14' / TR- Feb 15'

I remember writing a blog post over a year ago talking about my hair, and being so pleased with how long it was. Fast forward to now and I've basically chopped most of it off - a good 10 to 12 inches to be more precise. Now I'm not trying to be vain or self-centred as I know that there is a lot more to life than hair, I  just wanted to write this post to show the changes I've made, and maybe inspire others who might want to take the same steps as I did.

It all started about 2 and a half years ago with what I thought was a 'bad haircut'. In short - I thought the hairdresser cut too much off and was so upset I then I declared that I was never getting my hair cut again. That was clearly a stupid thing to say, but I stuck to it for a good year and a half. My hair naturally grows very quickly so it took about that length of time to grown from boob length to my hips. I was so proud of how long I had grown it, but was getting bored of how it looked and then started to think about getting it cut. I'm going to be honest, it's taken me 5 trips to the hairdressers to get it to where it is today. Lets just say I've just been quite scared of doing it. The longer it grew, the more frightened I was to cut it. However, I am SO glad I finally took the plunge and cut it to just below boob length in October. All I could think was 'why didn't I do this sooner?'. I then went back to the hairdressers about 6 weeks later and had about another inch or so off, and then again in February (I know...) , and had it cut to the length it is in the top right picture. If I'm honest I probably should have just done that in the first place and I would have saved myself a lot of time and money!

If you're thinking about getting the chop then I would say look at lots of pictures of the style of hair you want and then sit on the idea for a bit. If after a good length of time you still want to do it then go ahead. I would suggest showing a picture to your hairdresser to give them a good idea of what you want. Also, if it seems like a hugely daunting task then ask your hairdresser to cut it a couple of inches at a time and see how you like it. Let me know if you have done something similar recently as I would be vey interested to find out!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Your hair looks great at all lengths! Cutting a bunch off can be scary, but liberating :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete