Happy...

November 06, 2012

Aloha Lovelies!  So this is not the normal type of post you'd expect to read on my blog, but I thought I would share with you all something that means a lot to me.

Positive Thinking.
Random as this might be, positive thinking is what I want to talk to you all about. In life if you can think positively, I really think it can help you overcome stress and negativity. Now, I am no psychologist or councillor , but over time, I have find found a few little tricks to helping me 'be happy' and stay positive.

It's very easy sometimes to get carried away in life's little stresses and annoyances, and that's why I think it is good to take even just a minute to realise all the positive things that have happened to you in your day. As much as I can I think to myself, 'name 3 positive things that have happened to you today'. They can be as little as 'I really enjoyed seeing the sunrise this morning' or 'That email I read really made me smile'. I know it might sound a bit silly, but I have found it really works after I have had a bit of a pants day and would like to cheer myself up.

Another thing you can do is take some time to pamper yourself. It doesn't have to be with a beauty product or some new make-up, it could be pampering yourself with time. Leaving yourself half and hour a day to just sit down and read a magazine or have a bath. Taking time to appreciate the smaller things in life can be good. You don't have to do much to give yourself some 'me time', just do what you enjoy best. Even smiling to yourself, randomly can make you feel a little happier.



Think to yourself. If I showed you a glass with some water in it, would you think it was half full or half empty. As corny as this may seem, it is a good way of looking at your outlook on life. Are you a positive or negative person? I would like to think I was quite positive. Now I'm not saying everyone is happy, smiley, cheery, yipeee all the time, (that would almost be impossible!), but just sometimes stopping and thinking about your approach to something can be good. 
I would like to take life by the hand and experience so many things. Saying yes to opportunities can be better than you think. Question yourself, what have you got to lose? In an everyday situation, would going out be better than staying in? Would you experience something amazing which you wouldn't have experienced if you hadn't gone out or taken that opportunity?


I hope this brief little post of randomness as helped even one of you just to try thinking differently.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. agree with all of this! great post! before i make a decision I always ask myself ' will it make me happy?' It really helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the loveliest post I've read in a long time :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it really does mean alot! xo

      Delete
  3. I agree, I'm such a creature of habit so sometimes say no or get very angsty about things but learning to say to myself 'you only live once' puts everything into perspective! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is wonderful. So so true! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post, it's so uplifting :) I am your newest follower and I can't wait to read more from you. Your photography is beautiful <3

    - Erin xo

    365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much! Thanks for following as well it really does mean a lot! xo

      Delete
  6. This is a really nice post and I think noticing your surroundings a little more and being aware of the little things in life makes it that ton more enjoyable and worth it.

    Lovely. xx

    dollsandpop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with this post so much! Having some 'me time' is very important xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive