How To: Big Vampy Red Lip...

October 06, 2012

This autumn I have been really inspired to wear a deep red lip. Wearing a deep lip can be hard to get away with, but if you keep the rest of your make-up simple then you'll be good to go. This is a how-to on how I get my vampy autumnal lip.

Products to use-
Lipsticks
Splurge: Mac Rebel £14
Spend: Kate Moss for Rimmel London in shade 107 £5.49
Save: MUA Lipstick in Shade 1 £1

Other Products-
Lip Scrub/ Toothbrush
Lip Balm
Lip Brush
Lip Gloss
Make-up wipe/ Tissue

Step 1.
Exfoliate your lips using either a lip scrub or a tooth brush in gentle circular motions to get rid of any dead skin.

Step 2.
Condition your lips by using a moisturising lip balm. I used Blistex Intensive Moisture but you could use whatever you like best.

Step 3.
Using any foundation, take a small amount and apply to your lips to create a nude base. I used Rimmel  Wake Me Up Foundation.


Step 4.

Take a lip brush, I used a Ruby and Millie Lip brush, and line the outside of your lips with your lipstick of choice. I never use lip liner but it's completely up to you whether you use one or not.


Step 5.
Using the lip brush again, fill in the rest of your lip. I am using MUA Lipstick in Shade 1. I think this lipstick is a good dupe for the Kate Moss for Rimmel London Lipstick in shade 107, but it is slightly less matte and doesn't have as much pink pigment in it. On the upside it's a fifth of the price!


Step 6. Go over your whole lip using the lipstick and not the brush to make the colour more intense.



 


Step 7.  (optional) Add a gloss to make the lips appear fuller. You could use a plumping gloss or just an ordinary one. I used MUA Lipgloss in Shade 5. This gloss is actually pink but it is not very pigmented so just appears as a clear gloss. And there we have it, you're done!










DISCLAMER: This is how I do my vampy lip. I am no make-up artist, I am just giving ideas and showing people what I do.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Without sounding like a massive creep, you have lovely lips! Wish mine were as full! xo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive