Shopping on a budget: Ebay, Charity Shop and Vintage...

August 01, 2012

So as people may be tightening their belts and not spending as much money at the moment, you might be interested to know some ways of saving money when buying your clothes. Judging by the name of my blog, you might have guessed I like to dabble in a bit vintage clothing, and shopping in Charity shops and on Ebay is a great way to get hold of these type of clothes. Since taking the pictures for this post I have indeed been to other charity shops and bought an amazing floral skirt for the bargainous price of £1.50. I also picked up 3 books for £1, and although books isn't really clothing, I would love to do a book review as I know some people like to see them. Also, seeing as people might want to catch up on some holiday reading, I thought now was an appropriate time.


So first I have two items from Ebay. First is this BEAUTIFUL play-suit which is originally from the Urban Renewal section in Urban Outfitters. I paid £9.50 + £4.20 postage which I thought was a little on the pricey side for such a small parcel, but the playsuit makes up for the postage price. I LOVE it and have worn it so much since getting it. Also from Ebay, I bougt a really cute vintage cardi from a lovely seller/shop named Flapjack Clothing. They packaged it up beautifully and they had so many really lovely vintage items. I have worn this alost none-stop and it was a bargain at £4.20 + £2.99 postage.



Next I went to some charity shops and got some more great bargains. I got a pair of practicallly new Topshop treggings for £4.99! They are about a size 10 so a little big for me, but I think I might alter them slightly. Also, I got a rather unique blouse to say the least, but I love the fact it is so quirky. I only paid £4.99 for it and I love it to pieces.






Finally, I went to a friends house sale where they were selling some of their old clothes to raise money for charity. I spotted a really gorgeous vintage cardi. It was £5 and it is so lovely. I think it is an old yachting cardigan. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You have some Amazing finds :) eBay is brilliant for bargains:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it but I have to restrain myself from spending too much money sometimes! :D

      Delete

Blog Archive