How I style: A basic striped top...

August 26, 2012

I'm sat here blaring out Adele and in the mood to blog, so here goes! I thought I would do some 'How I style' posts as recently I have found this type of post really useful and interesting. They give an incite into people's style and taste and give you ideas on how to style pieces in your wardrobe. I love stripes, I think I own a few too many striped tops but this one was such a bargain that I couldn't resist! I was in a charity shop when I saw this beautiful top for the bargainous price of £2! It is by Gap and is barley worn, the quality is also amazing.


 My first look is styled simply with a leather jacket and leggings. It is quite a casual look but something you could wear for going out for lunch or meeting up with friends etc. It is a really comforatble look and could be worn with a scarf and boots in the colder months.
Leather Jacket £40 New Look/ Necklace £2.50 Kukee.co.uk / Leggings £3 Primark/ Bag £12 Primark/ Canvas Shoes £7.99 New Look/ Coloured stone ring Topshop/ Black hat £3 (in the sale) Primark/ Lipstick MUA shade 13.



The next look is a fun floral look which can be dressed up or dressed down depending on what you wear it with. I put a denim shirt over the top but you could add a vintage cardi or leather jacket instead. Adding a belt separates the top and the skirt out with a bit of extra detailing and wearing leggings and boots under the skirt will keep you warmer in the winter.
Skirt £1.50 Charity Shop/ Belt around £4.99 ZARA/ Leggings £3 Primark/ Boots £15 (in the sale) Office/ Denim Shirt £18 Beyond Retro/ Shell ring Beach Shop.
The final look is more of a summer look. The denim shorts are from Topshop so they are like hotpants! To solve the problem of the bum baring I cut a pair of tights into a shorts shape and then wore them underneath. I got the inspiration off an outfit Perrie from Little Mix wore, you can see the video where she is wearing it here. Of course you could add tights and boots for when it gets colder! Vintage Cardigan Ebay/ Shorts £28 Topshop.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive