The Feline Flick...

February 02, 2014

       
When it comes to Liquid Liner, a lot of people get put off by the fact that it can be quite a tricky technique to master. I have been wearing liquid eyeliner for years now and it still turns out different every time, but I do have a few tips and tricks to help you on your way…

1. Know your eye shape
I see so many people with the wrong size line for their eye shape. If you have small or hooded eyelids then its a good idea to go with a thin line, very close to your lash line. If you have big wide eyes then its best to go for a thicker line going from the tear duct out.

2. Choose the right eyeliner for you
Whether this be gel, liquid, pen or kohl pencil, there are plenty of eyeliners to choose from. Personally I prefer liquid eyeliner as I think it is a little more forgiving and is easy for every day, but for a dramatic look I really like Gel.

3. Practise
Practise makes perfect when it comes to eyeliner I'm afraid. I find the easiest way is to apply a small amount of mascara first so that you have something to rest the eyeliner nib/brush onto. Then I use my pinky finger to rest my hand on my face and help guide the brush over. REMEMBER- Just like eyebrows, eyeliner flicks are sisters not twins! My eyes are slightly different shapes which means my eyeliner will never look identical, but it doesn't matter as long as they look similar. If you go wrong then just take a cotton bud, dip it in some make up remover and erase the mistake.

I hope this has helped a few of you with the oh-so-tricky task of eyeliner. Let me know if you try this out and how you get on! I'm thinking of doing another one of these posts about brows so keep your eyes peeled for that!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Lol I cannot begin to tell you how annoyed I get when trying to apply eye liner. I'm not the greatest at it so hardly ever wear it. I really should practice like you've suggested X

    http://thefashion-junkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 'sisters, not twins' statement. Still need to try gel liner but worry about the use of a brush ha! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have to admit you have to wash the brush nearly everyday otherwise the eyeliner just dries on it! X

      Delete
  3. Fun post! Winged liner is one of my favourite looks. Great tips! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete