A wardrobe full of stripes...

November 17, 2013

I own far to many striped pieces of clothing. Quite frankly, I just own too many pieces of clothing, but stripes is a main theme across my wardrobe. I have been trying to stick to some kind of spending ban at the moment but I have to say I'm struggling. This is why I have been trying to wear more of the clothes in my wardrobe as I actually have quite a few things that I have only worn a number of times. When I'm looking around a shop lusting after something new, I remember the words of the great Gok Wan 'Shop Less, Wear More' and that is the ethos I'm trying to stick to!


                           
                           

       



I picked up this dress in Primark for a fiver last year. I didn't wear it too much as it wasn't a very flattering length, so I took five minutes, sewed the hem up an inch or two end et voila- a new dress! I really like how quirky this dress looks with the little collar and I like the fact that because it's striped it can jazz up more plain pieces like black and grey jumpers. Simply pairing it with tights, boots and a berry lip is a pertect at to make it autumn appropriate!

  Dress- Primark, Jumper- Primark, Boots- Topshop, Rings- Primark, Topshop & Kukee and Lipstick-Mac 'Plumful'.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I'm a sucker for stripes too! That dress looks great and is perfect layered with the sweater. Love the rings too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know they are just so versatile! X

      Delete
  2. I really need to get myself on a plane and go shopping at primark! That sweater is so cute!

    btw. ur hair is perfeecttt

    http://sarahlikesfashion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're ever in Britain we could go Primark Shopping-it's amazing! Ahah and thank you! X

      Delete