Loreal True Match Foundation...

October 19, 2013

                    
                                        
                         
Many things in the bloggersphere get hyped up and talked about until everyone and their brothers dog buys it. I feel this has been the case with this foundation. I had heard it talked about by many bloggers and it was said to be many peoples favourite drugstore foundation. I of course caved into the hype and went out and bought it- but is it really worth all the hype that it gets?







I decided to go for the shade W1 which is one of the lightest shades and has a yellow undertone. The colour match is very good for my pale skin. They have a good range of colours as you often find with many highstreet foundations that they have a choice of only about 5 or 6 shades. I also like the fact that you can pick the undertone to match your skin.
     
     




I had heard that this foundation was a medium to full coverage, buildable foundation. This lead me to be slightly confused as when I first pumped it out it was very runny and watery. When applied to the face I found that it felt very light on the skin and almost disappeared immediatley and did indeed give a sort of medium coverage which was builable.. It was nice and blendable but I found it quite tricky to work with when using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. I ended up opting for the Real techniques Expert Face Brush instead or failing that just my hands which I never normally do.
       


I didn't particularly like the finish to this foundation. It didn't look very natural on the skin and clung to dry patches and blemishes on my forehead and nose area. I also found the more I applied to build the coverage the more cakey it looked. I think it is meant to be a semi-matte finish and there are small particles of glitter in the bottle when you look at the foundation so it kind of strikes the balance of dewy and matte but I'm not too sure I liked it. I would say this foundation is for people with normal/combination to the oilier side of skin as I just think it enhances dry patches on the face.





As for lasting power it probably lasted about 6-7 hours before looking like I should really take it off and start again. I did try it with a primer so depending on which one you use and your skin type maybe it would last longer.

I would say that I was just a bit underwhelmed by this foundation. After all the hype it got I just found it to be a very bog standard, run of the mill foundation. It really made me realise that I like my Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation a lot more as I find that gives a really beautiful finish. I would say that I probably wouldn't re-purchase this foundation but it was good to try it out.


             Have you tried Loreal True Match Foundation? What were your thoughts on it?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ah, sorry to hear you weren't blown away by this- but I appreciate the review! I really need to get that RT Expert Face brush :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame you weren't in love with this product, I've heard good things about it too!
    Spider Leg Lashes xo

    ReplyDelete