Halloumi & Beetroot Warm Salad...

September 14, 2013

Halloumi & Beetroot Warm Salad...

Recently I went to a wedding where for starters I was served an amazing Halloumi and Beetroot Salad. I thought that it would be quite easy to re-create, so here I am giving it a go. This dish is perfect for veggies or just people who are maybe trying to eat a little more healthily. I am making the portion size slightly bigger so it creates a delicious main course.

You Will Need:

Roughly 200g Halloumi Cheese

2 Small Pre-Cooked Plain Beetroot

Salad Mix

Olive Oil

Balsamic Vinegar

Your Favourite Nuts and Seeds Toasted ( I used Pine Nuts)


Take the beetroot boil and them in the bag for 15 minutes to warm them through, then cut into quarters. Alternatively you cooked use fresh beetroot and roast them in the oven until soft. Whilst the beetroot are warming cut the Halloumi into small chunks and fry without oil in a frying pan or griddle pan for 2/3 minutes until golden on the outside. To the same pan add your nut/seeds of choice and lightly toast them to bring out the flavour. Arrange the Beetroot and Halloumi on a plate with the salad and drizzle over some Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. Et Bonne Appetit!




I hope you enjoyed this and it gives you some inspiration for some meals you could make!

Today I'm listening to - Skip To The Good Bit Rizzle Kicks.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What a fresh, beautiful salad! Love Halloumi cheese. Thanks for sharing! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete