Make-Up Storage for Small Spaces...

April 08, 2013

If you saw my room tour a little while ago you'll know that in my house I'm not exactly blessed with space. That case is even more so when it comes to my bedroom. Don't get me wrong I adore where I live and the cosy feel of the place, it just means I have had to learn how to make the most of every inch of space I've got. I am going to do two posts on storage for small spaces - one make-up and one clothes.

Today is make-up and here is how I store it. It is not a make-up collection as such, just more how I like to present it and store it.

I have a vintage chest of draws/vanity which I store both some of my clothes and make-up in. The make-up is in the highest right hand draw and on the top surface. I like to collect lots of old tins and jars which I then store things in. I think they add a much more personal touch to a space than just buying the mainstream high-street storage solutions. Each one of them also has an amazing story to tell.

 I keep my perfume tucked near the mirror, my jewellery seperated on vintage plates; my cotton wool pads in an old jam jar; my everyday make-up essentials in a lovely floral Cath Kidston tin; my make-up brushes in an old jam jar and the two foundations that I am testing out/using at the moment. I like switching certain items around every so often just to make sure I'm using everything that I have.




 In the top right hand draw is the main bulk of my make-up. I have two squares from IKEA that I serperate things out with and I also use old candle glasses to stand things like Mascaras, Eyeliners etc. in. I store the nail polishes I use the most so that I can see them and I also keep the other foundations which I don't use as much in another old candle glass.


 I love to keep my lipsticks in an old vintage biscuit tin which belonged to my Great Grandmother. It makes me feel like I'm re-using a bit of family history! I like to keep them bottom up so that I can easily see which brand/colour they are. I also keep my Clinique skincare in an old Fortnum & Mason tea tin which I picked up in an antiques shop.



Finally I keep all my bath/shower essentials in an old wine box, my hair products in a basket that is from IKEA and my everyday skincare essentials in a rather cute Beatles band box.










                            I hope this gave you some inspiration for your own little spaces!



                                                                               x

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. i love storage posts! and i really like your cath kidston pot too x

    http://vividiorquue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great storage ideas! Like that they're practical, but also pretty to look at. Loving all the vintage tins and jars you're using :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive