The Everyday Smokey Eye

August 06, 2014

When it comes to applying eye-shadow I am one of the most cache handed people you will meet. Forget all these people doing fancy cut creases and seamlessly blending one colour into another, I just about manage to get a kind of splodge of colour onto my lids. However, since purchasing a pair of fabulous colours from MAC, even I have been able to achieve some form of smokey eye for everyday.

Honey Lust (Left), Antiqued (Right)


Here we welcome Honey Lust and Antiqued. Both warm toned colours, one being more gold and the other more copper. When put together they create, in my opinion, the perfect everyday smokey eye. First goes on Honey Lust all over the lid and then blended some what into the crease goes Antiqued. Lashings of mascara and I'm good to go. My one gripe is that Honey lust is not the most easy to work with, and due to its gliterry nature is prone to fallout, however I love it dearly regardless. I don't feel the need to own a million different shades of brown eye-shadow now as these two are the bomb. Anyone have any eyeshadow recommendations for the perfect smokey eye?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm exactly the same as you when it comes to eyeshadow. These colours are really prettyi really like sleek eyeshadow :)
    Tiana x
    Www.tianaesparon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous combo! I recently bought Antiqued and it's such a lovely warm shimmery shade- perfect for summer :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete