About My Hair- Products, Style, Length etc...

August 23, 2013

Okay, so today I am going to talk about my hair. This kind of post makes me feel slightly uncomfortable as I feel like it could be interpreted as being like 'oh look at me and my wonderful hair....'. I can assure you- it's not. I don't even particularly think I have very interesting or revolutionary hair- it's just hair. The reason I am doing this though is because I've had comments in the past on posts saying that people liked the colour, style of my hair etc., so I just thought I would show you all how I got that colour and what products I use to keep it quite healthy. There will also be some pictures of my hair has changed over the years!


                        
 


When I was younger I always had thick, brown hair that grows quite quickly. That is even the case today it's just I've messed with the colour a bit! I've never really done anything too drastic with my hair styles as I like to okay it quite safe and often stick with the same hairstyle for ages. When I was little I had a full fringe but that was about the extent of my hair craziness. I also went through a stage a couple of years ago of wanting my hair to be red ( I blame Cheryl Cole and her amazing mahogany locks in the X Factor...) so did everything I could to achieve that look. The only other thing I've really done to it is dip-dye it last year. I really enjoyed having dip-dye for a while, and it looks amazing on some other people but I started to grow bored of it, and now I am having quite a bit of trouble getting rid of it. You see, I don't want to cut my hair. I haven't been to the hairdressers in nearly a year (gasp!) and seeing as it has taken me all this time to grow my hair, I don't actually want to cut the dip-dye out. This has led me to just dying the ends of them brown (I apologise if you are a hairdresser, this must be painful for you...)  which eventually just fades out as it just cant seem to take well. So at the moment my hair is natural on the top and a kind of strange gingery, coppery brown on the bottom-sexy.
                         
   
                       
                         
               The days of the dip-dye and in picture 1, the length of my hair nearly a year ago.
 




I have a couple of styles that I wear my hair in. It is either wavy and messy, pinned back at the front, or straight and pinned back at the front. I don't really like wearing it not pinned back as it just becomes impossible to see as my hair just flies in front of my face. I also like to either fishtail plait it or wear it in a ponytail. Often to create the waves I just normally plait it the night before when it is damp after washing and then it creates really easy heatless waves.

                                   
                                    
                                    


                     
                                    

                    
                                 

In the past year my hair has gone from around just above the boob to the belly button, but unfortunately I have no tips on growing hair ŷother than not going to the hairdressers which is probably not recommended!
 
   


As the ends of my hair have been bleached, cut, bleached again, dyed, dyed again and then not cut at all, they are actually in pretty good condition considering. I put this down to the hair products I use so here they are...

I'm not really fussed too much about shampoo but at the moment I am using Loreal Elvive Full Restore 5. I have discovered my holy grail conditioner which is TRESemme Salon Smooth Conditioner with Argain Oil which I have raved about before. It just leaves my hair soooo soft and lovely! If I use a mask then it is the TRESemme one. I haven't used it too much so I couldn't give you too much of a view on it, but at the moment but I wouldn't say it's groundbreaking , just a nice pamper thing every now and again. As a leave in conditioner I use TRESemme (are you noticing a recurring theme here?) Platinum Strength Leave In. I really think this product plays a big part in the fact that my hair is in relatively good condition. Finally if I want to tame flyaways or just fix my hair into place then I will spritz a bit of TRESemme Salon Finish Firm Hairspray through it. It's not the best I've tried but its not the worst.

       

   

So if you have managed to get this far through the post then I salut you! I hope you enjoyed this and I would love to know what products you use in your hair!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I really enjoyed this post! Think your hair looks great! Love the styling ideas. I had long hair for the past 15 years or so (was down to my waist in high school!) and am finally getting a shoulder-length cut next week. Wish me luck! I'm being more of a wuss about it than I should :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete