Best Of The Beauty Bunch 2013...

January 01, 2014

                         

                        
Base


Foundation
Without a doubt my favourite foundation this year has been Revlon Nearly Naked. A beautiful light weight foundation with a light to medium coverage that just makes your skin look like naturally glowing skin. I love this stuff and have re-purchased it, so it shows I like it! Coming in at a close second though has to be Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation, but I haven't been using it that long so didn't want to put it as my yearly favourite!  

Concealer
This year I have discovered what I would like to call my *gasp*...holy grail concealer. I can probably see myself discovering something else or changing my mind in a few months time (typical me aha!), but at the moment MAC ProLongwear Concealer is my absolute favourite and one that I can rely on. It has such good coverage and doesn't crease in the fine lines under the eye. Also if you buy it in a shade just a tad lighter than your skin tone (mine is in NC15) then it also creates a really nice highlighted effect.

Powder
During the beginning of the year I didn't even wear powder at all because I really liked the luminous and radiant look to the skin. I still like that look so don't want anything too mattifying, but I like to powder to set my make up in place. I have been liking using loose powder which I used to hate (see how quickly my opinions change on things now..?) and I have been enjoying using Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder, which I hated this time last year but really like now. It won't keep your face matte all day but just feels nice on the skin. I probably wouldn't repurchase it as it comes with a £25 price tag, but I'm definatley going to try some more loose powders available on the market.

Cheeks

      



Blush
This is probably the hardest category for me to narrow down as I just own so many blushes and like most of them. I'm going to have to cheat slightly and list a few...! 

Natural Collection 'Peach Melba'
Clinique 'Iced Lotus'
ELF 'Mellow Mauve'
MUA 'Lolly'

Those blushes are ones that I can say I have used well throughout the year. I'm less into colours like 'lolly' now, but I thought I would include it because it was my fave in the summer! 

Bronzer 
I really haven't found a bronzer worth putting in here this year so I would be open to any recommendations! 

Brows
At the start of the year I enjoyed using MUA Matte Brown Single Shadow to fill in my brows, but sadly it smashed and every time I went to buy it again it was sold out. From what I remember though I did like it! In the end I bought Natural Collection's 'Crushed Walnut' which I like but I think might be a little too warm for my brows. I'm thinking of getting a shade from MAC as they look like they have a good range of brow colours. One thing I can recommend though is a brow tool. I really love the ELF Proffesional Eyeliner Brush. It's a really good brush for filling in brows as it is quite large and allows you to create a nice arch, and the best thing is it is only £1.50!

Eyes

       

I thought I would list a few of the eye products that I have been enjoying using this year-
(Shadow etc.)
-MUA Eye Primer
-MUA Single Shadow '16'
-Clinique Eyeshadow duo in 'Stone Violet and Frosted Blossom'
-Clinique Eyeshadow duo in 'Victorian Pink'

(Liner)
-Loreal Super Liner Perfect Slim
-Maybelline Gel Liner
- Collection Fast Stroke Liner
       

(Mascara)
-Maybelline 'The Rocket'
-Benefit 'They're Real'
-Max Factor False Lash Effect

Lips

       

This is possibly one of the hardest categories for me to narrow down as I am just obsessed with lipstick. I want to give a shoutout to MAC Lipsticks in general though, as its only this year that I've really started getting into them and buying them and I just love them!

-MAC 'Lady Danger'
-MAC 'Creme Cup'
-MAC 'Plumful'
-Collection 'Perrie'
-Rimmel Kate Moss '03'
-Rimmel Kate Moss '101'
-MUA Lipstick Shade '16'

Nails
-Nails Inc. Motcombe Street (All time fave!)
-Topshop 'Hidden Treasure'
-Essie 'Bikini So Teeny'
-Essie 'Navigate Her'
-Revlon 'Barley Peach'
-Models Own 'Nude Beige'
-MUA 'Lush Lilac'
-Barry M 'Red Black'
-Barry M 'Peach Melba'

( I really narrowed that one down didn't I..!)

Tools

      

I really got into my brushes this year and I just have to give a special mention to Real Techiniques. Their brushes are such good quality, affordable, wash well and are just beautiful in my opinion. I especially love-

-RT Buffing Brush
-RT Expert Face Brush
-RT Contour Brush
-RT Detailer Brush
-RT Blush Brush

I also want to mention ELF eye brushes. I picked up two on a whim just to try them and I really like them, especially the ELF Eyeliner Brush.

Music

So that's it on the beauty front this year, but before I finish I just want to list my songs of the year as letting you guys know what I'm listening to is something that I always like to do!

Albums
-English Rain - Gabrielle Aplin
- Mumford & Sons- Sigh No More
-Lana Del Rey- Born To Die
-One Direction - Midnight Memories (sorry not sorry..)
-Ben Howard - Every Kingdom
-Haim -Days Are Gone

Songs (warning...its a long one!)
-American Boy- Estelle
-Best Song Ever- One Direction
-Black Flies- Ben Howard
-Breezeblocks- Alt-J
-Forever- Haim
-Running If You Call My Name- Haim
-Royals- Lorde
-Cry- Hanz Zimmer (The Holiday)
-Dust Bowl Dance- Mumford & Sons

-Everything Has Changed- Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran
-Fake You Out- twenty one pilots
-Hard Out Here- Lily Allen
-Formidable- Stromae
-Papaoutai- Stromae
-Get Lucky- Daft Punk
-Gold Digger- Kanye West
-Real Slim Shady- Eminem
-Tous Les Memes- Stromae
-AVF- Stromae
-I Found A Boy- Adele
-Lovesong- Adele
-Kaleidoscope Love- Aluna George
-Keep On Walking - Gabrielle Aplin
-Last Friday Night- Katy Perry ft. Missy Elliot
-Let Her Go -Passenger

-Lonely Boy- The Black Keys
-Midnight City - M83
-River- Bipolar Sunshine
-Roar - Katy Perry
-Sirens- Tom Odell
-Skip To The Good Bit- Rizzle Kicks
-UFO- Newton Faulkner
-We Can't Stop- Miley Cyrus
-Don't Forget Where You Belong- One Direction
- You Send Me Aretha Franklin
-Applause- Lady Gaga
-Can't Hold Us- Macklemore
-Thrift Shop- Macklemore


Think of that as a playlist for your New Year! 

Happy New Year my lovelies- I look forward to all that 2014 brings and I hope you will all stay with me and see my blog grow. Much love x

          



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I too discovered MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer during 2013 and I love it. At the beginning it used to annoy me a little because I felt that so much product used to come out of the pump but it doesn't bother me at all anymore. Definitely a favourite of mine :) Can I suggest that you try 'Volume Million Lashes Mascara in Extra Black' by L'Oreal. It's amazing! It really lengthens and volumises your eyelashes and doesn't leave clumps of mascara Xx

    https://thefashion-junkie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it! I try putting as little pressure as possible on the pump to try and control it a bit more! Thank you so much for the recommendation, it shall go on my wish list! x

      Delete
    2. Haha! That's exactly what I do now. Seems like we have mastered the technique in saving as much concealer as possible ;) Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Happy new year Xx

      Delete
  2. Such a great post! So many amazing picks- loving the blush and lipstick choices especially. And I have to agree- Real Techniques brushes and BeneFit They're Real are on my best of list this year too. Happy New Year! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is DEFINITELY time I tried Natural Collection's Peach Melba blush - I've seen it everywhere! Great picks for 2013. :)
    Spider Leg Lashes xo

    ReplyDelete