Easy Monochrome...

February 19, 2013

Monochrome is a trend that always seems to be around in the S/S months. Often though it can be a little tricky to pull off without looking too stark or like you've tried too hard. I've come up with an easy way to wear monochrome that looks stylish and is comfortable!

Adding the monochrome look to an outfit in a subtle way such as wearing a black and white striped top or black trousers with white shoes is an easy way to pull off this trend. I've paired mine with this beautiful two-tone, grey and black Jacket from H&M. It has gorgeous detailing which makes it look very expensive and good quality. I have to admit I don't think I have ever found such a bargain as this jacket in my life. I'm aware that I wrote a post about finding the bargain of my life (linked here), but now I think I've trumped that. I walked into H&M the other day and saw a rail that was labelled '£1'. This jacket that originally cost £29.99 and had been reduced to a mind blowing £1! I picked it up immediately and did a little dance in my head at the fact I had found such a bargain. The striped top was also on that rail too. I worked out that day that I had bought £70 worth of clothing for £4!










You can also take monochrome into the summer by adding a dark coloured pleated midi/maxi skirt. This makes it feel all floaty which is a lovely alternative to jeans!

Jacket- H&M, Top- H&M, Jeans- Topshop Leigh (Charity Shop), Skirt- Charity Shop, Necklace- H&M, Sunglasses- Urban Outfitters, Rings- Topshop and Vintage, Watch- Ebay, Shoes- New Look and Lipstick- Kate Moss for Rimmel '107'.

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. hiya dear
    you have a lovely style! would u like to follow each other ?
    I'll be happy if you check out my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you put your outfits together, they look incredible.
    That jacket is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, lovely!
    i like your style <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really liking the monochromatic look and I've always loved stripey tops, so this look is right up my alley! Looks fantastic paired with the slim jeans and the skirt :) Beautiful photos!

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with a striped top! xo

      Delete
  5. I love your blazer! I have never seen anything like it before!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit it adorable! Especially loving the fishtail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much- I've only just mastered the art of the fishtail! xo

      Delete
  7. £1?! That's a crazy good bargain! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll have a read and hopefully do it when I have some free time! xo

      Delete
    2. Yay! I'm looking forward to reading it :) xx

      Delete